Friday 26 June 2009

All I do is daydream about dresses

Finally friday and what a week! I'm glad I now have the weekend off. What a total shock the news was about Michael Jackson, I still don't quite believe it, he truly was the king of pop!!
Well all week I've been daydreaming about what dress to make next, I'm new to sewing so have started off with 3 simple designs so far and hope to get a bit more adventurous as time goes on, I'd love to know what you think!
The first dress, my pretty pink flowery number was made up by me (I've never used a pattern and not sure I would know how!!). I'm pleased that it worked out in the end though... I started off with a strip wide enough to cover the bust area and then folded both ends over to create space for the neck string to go through, then I stitched it together into a donut shape. I elasticated the top and bottom of the bandeau top so that it stayed in place and that there were no showing a bit of nipple accidents!!! Next I made a simple tube for the skirt, stitching the top and skirt together, also threading through the neck tie so it was secure, sewing it into place. I added a frill round the bottom and a small pocket and voila, my very first dress!!!!


I went on to make two similar dresses in boob tube or bandeau style. These were equally simple to make, I used bandeau tops that I had purchased as they had added bust support and had to just make the skirt, using 3 strips of fabric panels and attaching them to the top, finishing off with a bow. What do you think???










No comments:

Post a Comment